PROJECT SUNRAYS – GENERAL INFORMATION
SUNRAYS PROJECT: Helping air cargo industry get ready for COVID-19 vaccine
As pharmaceutical companies race to develop the COVID-19 vaccine, it is still unclear what impact it will have on the global supply chain, specifically, logistics requirements and the air cargo industry. TIACA and Pharma.Aero joined forces and launched Sunrays project to help the air cargo industry get ready for the transportation of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Provide the air cargo industry with clarity of the demands, expectations and quality supply chain requirements, like critical trade lanes, air cargo capacity, handling and storage, track and trace requirements, for the transportation of the vaccines.
- Provide shippers with more understanding of capabilities of various logistics players.
INDUSTRY PREPAREDNESS SURVEY
To evaluate current sentiment on air cargo preparedness to transport the new vaccine globally, we collected feedback from airlines, ground handlers, freight forwarders, airport operators and solution providers.
The results showed that only 28% of our industry feels prepared for COVID-19 transportation worldwide:
- Pharma.Aero and TIACA call for an urgent industry collaboration to address a severe lack of readiness for COVID-19 vaccine logistics (press release)
- Pharma.Aero and TIACA Launch Project Sunrays (press release)
- Pharma.Aero and TIACA Join Forces to Prepare Air Cargo Industry for COVID-19 Vaccine (press release)