Pharma.Aero is a non-profit organization (Vereniging zonder winstoogmerk, VZW) based in Bedrijvenzone Machelen Cargo 706, 1830 Machelen, Belgium. Its company number is 0713 519 726.
Pharma.Aero controls the personal data of its members or the representatives of its members, of the consultant applicants, of any personal data collected on its website. Pharma.Aero may collect your data via its website as a certain amount of information available requires registration in order to log in.
When organizations and companies become members or partners of Pharma.Aero, they supply personal details so that we may communicate effectively. We could also collect further data on the attendees of various events and meetings.
- What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an email for example.
- Which personal data do we collect from you?
We may keep the following personal data in order to keep better contact with our members and partners and anyone else interested or involved with Pharma.Aero:
- Identification details: first name, surname, company and position within the organization
- Contact details: e-mail address and telephone number
- Company data or data related to your professional activities: company name or denomination of activities and address, VAT registration number, company’s main activities, position or professional activities.
- Professional and business interests: Pharma Aero services that are or may be of interest to you or your business. Preferences that are highlighted by your visit to our websites and/or social media pages, as well as preferences or interests that become apparent as a result of participation in surveys, content or events, and obviously also resulting from interests that you have expressed or that we determine on the basis of professional social media use
- Opinions about our services: we process your opinions concerning our services and information provision when they are relevant in a professional context or in order to provide you with more targeted information
- Online data: this includes data from visits to our website or other applications, your surfing behavior or other online contacts, but also data that we process based on your social media use in a professional context such as likes, comments or similar
In addition, pictures, video footage and/or voice recording might be taken of attendees during Pharma.Aero’s events, virtual events, conferences, webinars and General Assemblies.
In principle, we do not process any sensitive personal data. If they are processed, it will only be within the framework of general data processing and never with the intention of using this data in a specific way. In principle we only process personal data that are relevant within a professional context.
Our website and/or services are not meant to gather information about people below the age of 13 unless they have parental or guardian consent or we are bound by the implementation of our legal obligations. We cannot, however, verify whether a website visitor is over the age of 13. We consequently recommend that parents be involved in the online activities of their children in order to prevent data relating to children being collected without parental consent.
If you feel that we have collected personal data concerning a minor without such consent, please contact us.
- How is the personal data collected?
Your personal data is usually gathered when you decide to provide data to us or to our staff, including in the following situations:
- When visiting the Pharma.Aero website and/or social media pages
- When you show an interest in Pharma.Aero’s services
- When registering for an account
- When participating in business, content or marketing events
- By correspondence or contacts with Pharma.aero
We may also supplement your profile with data retrieved from our CRM and ERP systems or other internal sources of information.
Pharma.aero may also receive your personal data via other publicly accessible information sources such as the Belgian Official Gazette, your own website or profile, the National Bank, KBO.
We may also gather information, in exceptional circumstances, from other databases or information sources but before doing so we will always check with the providers that they are complying with the applicable privacy protection regulations.
We use both paper and digital documents and forms to collect data.
- Purposes for which personal data is processed
Pharma.Aero only collects and stores personal data needed:
- to provide, operate, and maintain our website
- to improve, personalize, and expand our website
- to understand and analyze how you use our website
- to develop new services, features, and functionality
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- to communicate on its work and its activities
- to communicate with members, partners and consultants
- to send you emails
- to find and prevent fraud
- Security of your data
7.1 We employ strict technical and organizational (security) measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both online and offline.
7.2 Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data – especially over the internet (including by e-mail) – is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
- Data Retention
Hence, Pharma.Aero will store personal data for the shortest time possible in accordance with the pursued purposes.
- Your rights
9.1 The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ensures that you have several rights concerning the information we hold about you. We would like to inform you that you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you to the extent that this does not affect the rights of third parties, in particular the right to defense or the right to privacy;
- Ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data if you believe that there is no (longer a) lawful ground for us to process it. However, these rights shall not apply to the extent that the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- Receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract);
- Object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or the processing is related to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
9.2 In order to exercise any of your rights, you can send us a request, indicating the right you wish to exercise:
- By e-mailing us at email@example.com
You may also use this contact detail if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
9.3 If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us.
- Automated decision-making
10.1 Automated decisions are defined as decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of data and that produce legal effects that significantly affect the individuals involved.
10.2 As a rule, your personal data will not be used for automated decision-making. We do not base any decisions about you solely on automated processing of your personal data.
- How to contact us?
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By phone at +32 471 88 48 32