As cell and gene therapies arouse and are slowly growing, it seems that the logistic sector needs to adapt and communicate with the developers and manufacturers to understand each other’s language and define together transport solutions. Indeed, these types of therapies require specialized logistics such as real-time monitoring of temperature, storage, security, etc.
The main objective of this project is to broaden the current knowledge of air transportation of BioPharma and CGT (Cellular Therapy and Gene Therapy) products.
Project status and key-takeaways
Project support and collaboration
- Milton De la Paz, Dallas Fort Worth (project lead)
- Project members: Changi Airport Group, Expeditors, DHL, MVD Free Airport, Sharjah Airport, Pfizer, MSD, Brussels Airport Company, Cathay Pacific, Airport Authority Hong Kong
- Project partners: Envirotainer
- Project support: the BSMA (Bio Supply Management Alliance), BioNTX (Bio North Texas), GeneTether Therapeutics, Taysha Gene Therapies
- Franck Toussaint, BSMA (external consultant, Project Manager)