Cell and gene therapies arouse and are slowly growing and these types of therapies require specialized logistics such as real-time monitoring of temperature, storage, security, etc. The logistic sector needs to adapt and communicate with the developers and manufacturers to understand each other’s language and define together the best and most efficient transport solutions.
The main objective of this project is to broaden the current knowledge of air transportation of BioPharma and CGT (Cellular Therapy and Gene Therapy) products.
Project status and key-takeaways
Project ongoing, following the steps:
- Work Package 1: Run a market analysis to understand the current logistic capabilities, constraints and challenges. Publish a first report.
- Work Package 2: Identify the needs, the awareness and maturity level regarding the sector’s opportunities and challenges through a survey to our members and partners. Draft guidelines and list of recommendations. Write a technical report for our members.
- Work Package 3: Discuss and brainstorm the report on recommendations during a Webinar with our members/partners and the industry.
- Work Package 4: Create and publish final white paper to share with the industry.
Project support and collaboration
- Pharma.Aero Board liaison: Edmonton Airport
- Project lead: Milton De la Paz, DFW (Dallas Fort Worth)
- Project members: Pharma.Aero members and partners participating in the survey
- Project external support: BioNTX (Bio North Texas), GeneTether Therapeutics, Taysha Gene Therapies
- Project manager: Franck Toussaint, BSMA (external consultant)